A Taste of Wild Ireland extended Weekend
Date: 21st to 24th of March 2014
Tutor: Brian Cooney
Inclusions: 3 star hotel accommodation, 1/2 board (3 evening meals, 3 nights B&B) single occupancy, tea, coffee & snacks, all instruction & guiding, transport & airport transfers.
Exclusions: Lunch Sat & Sun, alcohol, flights. Lap top computer.
Group Size: 6 places max.
Level: Beginner to advanced.
As a photographer do you ever worry about missing a great shot?
Do you sometimes struggle with your camera settings?
Do your photographs sometimes look flat and dull?
Are you looking for a great Christmas gift for the photographer in your life?
If you answered yes to any of those questions then this extended weekend photography workshop is ideal for you! Join us as we explore the beautiful landscape of the west coast of Ireland. Experience for yourself the might of the atlantic ocean, be inspired by the ever changing moods and colours of the mountains of Connemara and celebrate the spring! Take this opportunity to reacquaint and master your DSLR and rediscover the techniques and strategies that will allow you to express your vision fully and easily.
Places are limited to six participants to ensure you get all the help you need so secure yours by paying your deposit now!
To make your reservation go to my websiteHERE.
Airport pick up will be from Shannon Airport on Friday afternoon so you need to arrive between 12 pm and 6 pm. We will have plenty of sunset and sunrise shoots starting on Friday evening and finishing on Monday morning. Airport transfer will arrive back in Shannon for midday on Monday the 24th. Your return flight time should be in the afternoon.
Our weekend will be spent exploring the atlantic shoreline, the Connemara mountain lakes, bog lands and waterfalls. We will make time for critiquing, post processing in Lightroom and Photoshop so bring your laptop too.
Proposed Weekend Itinerary
Day 1. Friday 21st of March
Following airport pick up at Shannon we will make our way to the Burren in County Clare where we will have an evening shoot immersed in the bare rocky landscape looking out at the distinctive shapes of the three Aran Islands off the West Coast of Ireland. After watching the sun slowly descend into the Atlantic ocean we will continue on our journey to the Renvyle House Hotel, our base for the weekend. We will stop en route for dinner as there’s nothing like the sea air to make you hungry!
Day 2 & 3. Saturday & Sunday 22 & 23rd of March
We will make an early start each day with a dawn shoot in the heart of Connemara. This will be followed by breakfast and some free time to yourself to catch up on some sleep! We will divide the rest of the day up between critiquing, post-processing in Lightroom and Photoshop and of course exploring the mountains, lakes, bog lands and coast of beautiful Connemara.
Day 4. Monday 24th of March
All good things as they say must come to an end but we still have one more dawn shoot to fit in before breakfast! Airport transfer will have you back at Shannon airport for around midday to catch your flight home.
Airport transfers to and from Shannon airport, transport for the weekend, 1/2 board in a 3 star hotel including breakfast each morning and 3 mouth watering evening meals, tea, coffee snacks etc, instruction and guiding.
Lunch on Saturday and Sunday will cost about €20.00 each day. Alcohol, flights, laptop computer.
What we will cover
- Manual exposure, camera settings & taking full control of the camera
- Using Live view
- Shooting in low light
- Understanding the histogram
- F-stop and shutter speed
- Shooting in RAW & Jpeg
- White Balance
- Depth of Field and sharpness
- Using filters including ND filters, graduated ND’s and polarizers
- Using deliberate camera movement to create an impression
- Post processing & digital workflow
Frequently Asked Questions
- I don’t have a good camera does this mean I am excluded?No not at all! While a camera such as a DSLR that can shoot in manual mode or aperture priority means that you can get the most from these fabulous locations you can still photograph and enjoy them and benefit from the techniques and strategies shared.
- What will the weather be like?The weather is one thing we cannot guarantee! For the moment we have no control over it but I can tell you that some of my best images have been captured in what my non-photographer friends would call “bad weather” because of the dramatic skies and and stormy light.
- Do I need to bring a laptop or are computers supplied?Computers are not supplied so please bring your own Laptop and software.
- I am a beginner and I am not sure if my photography is good enough?That is not a problem. I love to work with photographers of all abilities and levels and that is why I keep the group size small so that I can give each participant individual attention.
- What do I need to bring?I will send out a full list of equipment in advance.
- Is my deposit refundable?We will refund deposits up to 60 days before the date of the workshop or tour. We recommend you purchase travel insurance to cover any losses due to cancelation.
- Can I arrange my own accommodation?
Of course you can and the cost will change to reflect this. We may be able to help you too so don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- What is the standard of the accommodation on the trip?Most accommodation is at a minimum 3 star standard. There may be times and locations where this is not possible and here we use the best accommodation available.
- I am traveling alone, do I have to share a room? Nobody has to share a room and there is no single occupancy supplement.
- Can I bring my partner?Yes and they are welcome to accompany us to the locations or even do their own thing for the weekend. We may be able to advise on the amenities available so please contact me to discuss this further.
- How can I pay?I accept Paypal or bank transfer. If you wish to pay bank transfer contact me and I will send you my account details.
- My question is not on the list?Contact me